In the first half of my life, as a highly sensitive, devoted physiotherapist and mother of 3, my first concern was always to help, please and save others. I created a lifestyle of putting work and others first, sacrificing my needs and well-being.
Helping and caring for others was my nature. I never realised that self-care is not selfish and that your most important relationship is your relationship with yourself. Until that moment of truth…
At 38 years old, I had to deal with a stress-related illness that shut down my immune system. My life came to a STOP. I was confined to bed, unable to take care of myself anymore, let alone take care of others.
Doctors and specialists advised me to accept my condition. They predicted I would never be able to walk a flight of stairs again, let alone work again.
As a mother of 3 young children, I could not accept that as my truth.
When I realised that traditional and unconventional medicine failed to improve my health, I felt hopeless and desperate for a solution.
So I decided to take my life into my own hands. I embarked on a journey of self-discovery. I dove into the depths of ancient wisdom and modern science, and what I found was truly enlightening. The key to unlocking my healing and unlocking my true potential lay within myself all along. It's a beautiful realisation that the power to create change and happiness lies within us, and it all starts with a strong foundation from within.
Day by day, I changed my inner dialogue, self-image, self-worth, self-love and self-care and started to live from the inside out.
Things happen for a reason, although we do not always understand it at that particular moment. Today, I am grateful for my past experiences and challenges because they have shown me my passion and purpose.
Ten years after my recovery, I wrote a book about the 7 strategies that helped me and hundreds of others to reclaim my mental, emotional and wellbeing.
My passion is helping my clients overcome whatever challenges they may be facing in their lives. Every year, I study techniques to help me better support them.
Non-violent communication: I studied non-violent communication to help my clients effectively express their needs. Learning to communicate effectively is one of the most important skills you can possess. It can help you to resolve conflicts, build relationships, promote understanding and set healthy boundaries. By learning these skills, my clients can create more fulfilling relationships with themselves and the people in their lives.
Positive psychology: I often work with clients struggling with negative thinking patterns. These can be very difficult to break out of, but positive psychology can be a helpful tool. Positive psychology focuses on exploring what makes people happy and thriving. By focusing on the positive aspects of their lives, my clients can break out of negative thinking patterns and start living more fulfilling lives.
RTT (Rapid Transformation Therapy): My own experiences have taught me the importance of self-belief. I often use RTT (Rapid Transformation Therapy) with my clients to help them unlock any limiting beliefs that may hold them back.
It is my passion to help deeply caring entrepreneurs, executives, and professionals step into their birthright and fully embrace and express their truthful, powerful selves. Which leads to abundance in every area of their life without sacrificing themselves and their well-being. I call it "Living Authentic Success".
True success comes from within. It's not about what you have or haven't accomplished. It's not about how much money you make or how many people you know. True success is about living a life that is authentic to you. It's about being true to yourself and your values. It's about following your heart and purpose. It's about making a difference in the world, whether helping one person or changing the lives of millions.
My purpose of guiding people in "Living Authentic Success" makes me unstoppable. I intend to lead by example and help as many people as possible everywhere in the world, as this message is needed globally.
5 Essential Steps to Set Stress-Free Boundaries
Includes a checklist to gain insight into the well-being of your boundaries and show you where to take action.
• 1980-1985 Medical Degree Physiotherapy and Postgraduate Manual Theraphy
• 1986 Postgraduate Foot reflexology, Sports injuries • Relaxation therapie - W. Van Craen
• 1993 Life Training (USA)
• 1998 Workshop Louise Hay - You can heal your life (South-Africa)
• 1999 Certification Reiki level 1 en 2 (South-Africa)
• 2003-2004 Train the Trainer Meditation and Coaching (Deepak Chopra Netherlands)
• 2005-2006 Certification Life- & Business Coaching, Coachingways (Belgium)
• 2006 Certificate Nutrition – (Belgium)
• 2008 Coaching Certification Inge Rock and Christian Simpson – (Belgium)
• 2008 Think and grow rich - Workshop Bob Proctor - çUnited Kindom
• 2009 Train the Trainer - Coachingways - (France)
• 2009 Master Coach, French workshop for intensive coaching
• 2010 Public Speaking: "Tell your story" with Les Brown (USA)
• 2010 Empowering Mentoring Program with Les Brown en Paul Martinelli - (USA)
• 2011 EFT certification I en II - (Belgium)
• 2012 MNNS professional - (Netherlands)
• 2013-2014 Non-Violent Communication year program Carylaura Van Bladel
• 2014 Non-Violent Communication international training Marianne Gotlin
• 2016 Non-Violent Communication (NVC) Embodying and Teaching NVC with Yoram Mosenzon/ Trainer Certification
• 2017-2018 Certifcation RTT therapist London (Rapid Transformational Therapy)
• 2018 Certifcation RTT international trainer London
• 2020 Certifcation Clinical Hypnotherapist
• 2021 Certification Positive Psychology Coach
• 2022 Trauma Healing and Energy Healing, online courses
© CharlyH 2023