The 2 Most Important Words You Will Ever Say
Make Your Body and Your World Thrive with these Simple Words
Did you know that one major attitude to develop when you want to experience inner peace and live a balanced and meaningful life, is gratitude?
There is a quote I once read that said:
“It isn’t joy that makes you feel grateful, it’s being grateful that makes you feel joyful.”
Gratitude is the one ingredient that gives you joy and it does not cost you anything. It is free to give and free to receive.
But more than that, research shows that when people feel grateful and actually put it into words, they have a greater life experience.
So, the words “THANK YOU” have a reaction in our bodies. It has been measured in our blood pressure, heart rate and cellular response. When we live in a vibration of praise or gratitude, certainly when it is spoken, our body thrives.
- Why is it then so difficult for us to say those words out loud?
- Are we afraid of the reaction of others?
- Or do we take everything for granted and not “think” about saying it?
Now that you know how important it is for your own body, why do you not give yourself the task of saying those 2 words a few times a day with the intention of creating a different vibration for yourself?
Here are some examples:
- Why not look at the lady at the supermarket’s checkout counter and say an intentional loving “thank you” before you walk out? Most of us take those people for granted and just make a routine out of those daily acts. You might be surprised what a beautiful smile she will give back to you!
- Or just say thank you to someone in the traffic who is kind enough to let you pass.
- Or maybe you can say “thank you” to your partner or child who helps you to set the table or welcomes you at the door when you come in.
Just check yourself saying those 2 words more often with the intention of creating a different vibration of health, well-being and joy.
In my new book, “Shifting Out of Chronic Stress: A 7-Step Journey to Regain Your Balance and Inner Strength”, I mention a quote that Oprah Winfrey once said and I repeat it often in my coaching sessions or workshops as well:
“When you are present in gratitude, you awaken the bigness of even the smallest things in life. You make yourself the richest man on earth.”
That says it all for me and illustrates how “thank you” are probably the 2 most important words you can say in your life.
Choose to live in gratitude from today onward, you will see miracles happening and life will be at its most rewarding!
Are you looking for a weekly dose of inspiration to stay true to yourself and live your best life?
- Subscribe to our weekly newsletter of inspirational insights from the greatest minds ever!
- Let the wisdom from philosophers, writers and influential figures encourage you to embrace your uniqueness, overcome obstacles and live an authentic life.
- Each quote will come with my comments to help and inspire you on your journey towards authenticity.
- Receive a weekly reminder to be authentic and live your best life.